Sunday, July 17, 2011

Living in a Land Down Under

This post is a little overdue because internet was not the easiest thing to figure out in my apartment in Australia.  I am currently using an internet stick but in a few days we will be given free wireless internet, something I am very happy about.  Hopefully the wireless internet will make blogging MUCH easier.

Because I was not able to post as soon as I got here I am going to start from my take off from LAX.

Mom, Dad and I loaded up my bags in the suburban and headed towards LA.


.

After I checked my bags at the V Australia Airline we headed over to Denny's for dinner to wait until it was time for me to go to my gate.  David met us there to say goodbye before I left.  How sweet is he? :)


It was emotional leaving my family and David but once I got on the plane I started to get really exctied/nervous for what I was about to embark on.  The 13 and a half hour flight actually was not to bad.  I was able to sleep for about 7 hours total which really helped once I arrived in Australia.

Once in Australia Clint, Carly (my roommates for the next five months, excluding Kevin who was already in Australia) and I were picked up by one of the university drivers and taken to our apartment.  It has taken about two full days but I finally feel like I am starting to get settled in to my apartment and my roommates and I really seem to get along.


Today, Sunday, Carly and I took a walk on the beach where we live and believe me the view is breathtaking. If you can't tell.


Well, I would like to include some pictures of my apartment but the internet here is so slow and I just don't have the patience.  But, eventually I will get to it.  

Tomorrow is orientation at Griffith University and I am interested to see what the next 5 months will hold for me.  So far, I am loving Australia and I just know I am going to have the best time here.

Anna




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the pics! You and Carly look like your images are superimposed on a postcard! Can't wait to see more of your apartment and Australia. Hope orientation goes well.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, The beach and weather look perfect and you and Carly look right at home. I liked meeting your parents at the airport they are super nice people. Good luck and have fun! Say hi to Carly.
    Kevin Lindgren

    ReplyDelete