Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beautiful Burleigh!

This week is Griffith Universities mid-semester break or what we would call it back in the states "spring break."  People back home get kind of confused when I say i'm on spring break because it is September.  I have to remind them that the seasons in Australia are opposite from the U.S.

Unfortunately I have no big plans for my break but that does not mean I am not determined to have a good time.  I'd say my break has started off pretty good!  

This weekend my friend Austin and his friend Zach came to visit from Melbourne and I had a great time showing them around the Gold Coast!  And on Sunday my parents booked two flights to Australia at the end of November which I am very excited about!

Yesterday (Monday), Carly and I took a shopping trip to Pacific Fair which was a lot of fun.  I probably shouldn't have spent money but I have had my eye on a certain pair of shoes since arriving in Australia and I decided to splurge a little and buy them.  I have been very good about keeping my shopping to a minimum so I decided it was okay.

Today is Tuesday and Carly's friend from work (and now a new friend of mine), Katie, picked both Carly and me up for a little adventure to Burleigh Heads, a town slightly south of Surfers Paradise.


Burleigh Heads has a few trails that can be hiked to reach a small beach at the other end.
Katie and Me

Beautiful Burleigh




After our hike we went into the town of Burleigh Heads for some coffee and window shopping.  We settled on The Pantry Cafe and Katie and I ordered Cafe Latte's and Scones.




 They were delicious!

After our snack we walked around the shops in Burleigh for a little while.  Because of my purchase the day before I decided I was only allowed to look which was still a lot of fun!

It was a fun day out with the girls!  Hopefully my week ends just as great as it started!


Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment