Tuesday, September 27, 2011

On top of the world!

As I mentioned at the end of my last post, my friend Austin who is currently going to school in Melbourne Australia came to visit me on the the Gold Coast this last weekend.

I wanted to think of some fun things we could do that can't be done anywhere else in Australia and the only thing that really came to mind was to take him to the top of the Q1.

The Q1 is the tallest building on the Gold Coast and it only costs $15 for students to go up to the top!

My roommates and I hadn't gotten the chance to go up yet so I figured it was a perfect opportunity!  We planned it so we would be up there for the sunset which ended up being a great idea because it was gorgeous!


At the top of the Q1 there is a 360 degree view of the Gold Coast and it was so fun to look out and see it all at one time! 

View of Surfers Paradise

View of Broadbeach


roomies!

Austin and me!



Just when I thought the view couldn't get any better the sun set completely and it turned into night time.  


the city lights were gorgeous!

It was so much fun being able to take my friend up to get a view of the entire Gold Coast and he later told me that he was really glad that we did that!

It was a fun weekend and I was happy that I was able to show my guests a good time!


Anna







No comments:

Post a Comment