Monday, October 17, 2011

T.I.T.S.

I know what you must be thinking...Why is the title of this post T.I.T.S.?! How inappropriate!

Well, give me a moment to explain.  T.I.T.S. stands for Team Island Tall Ships and it is a party put on by the Canadian Students Association, a club on Griffith Uni's campus,  apparently there are quite a few Canadians running around Australia.

Anyway, this party is designed to raise money for breast cancer, hence the name of the party being T.I.T.S.  I think the reason it was named Team Island Tall Ships is because it is a team of people, going to an island, on a boat owned by Tall Ship Island Adventures.

I first heard about this party because my roommates Kevin and Clint played on Griffith Uni's baseball team with a few Canadians.  I thought it sounded like a lot of fun so we all decided to buy a ticket and help support donations towards breast cancer.

On Saturday we got to Mariner's Cove Marina around 11 am and set sail around 12 pm.





After enjoying about an hour and a half boat ride we arrived at Mclarens Landing Island.


I really had no idea what to expect when arriving on this island.  But I was pleasantly surprised when I saw tiki torches and tiki huts.



The day was spent playing volleyball and throwing around a football with friends and eating the delicious BBQ'd meal provided for all the partygoers.  Opportunities were given to people who wanted to kayak, jetski, or tube.  However, after hearing rumors that there were bull sharks in the water I decided to spend my time on land.

Around 4 o'clock a storm blew in and it began to pour rain.  At first everyone ran for cover but the DJ kept playing music and eventually everyone made their way to the dance floor to dance in the rain!  It was a little cold and I was soaked after but it was a great way to end our time on the island!

Eventually the people operating the boat decided it was time to leave and we were all herded back on to the boat.

Back on the boat we all enjoyed the gorgeous sunset!



After another hour and a half ride on the boat we made it back to Fisherman's Wharf Tavern for an after party.


The night was spent hanging out with friends, dancing, and listening to the live band!




A fun way to end a super fun day!




Anna







No comments:

Post a Comment