Tuesday, August 16, 2011

my ME day!

Tuesday's I have decided are my ME day!  Reason #1 being, I don't have school on Tuesday's.  Reason #2, all of my roommates do ;).  Not that I don't enjoy my roommates company, it's just nice to have a little time to myself every now and then and i'm sure each one of them would say the same.

I usually like to start my Tuesday with a morning gym session and then I'll head to the beach to do some reading or just relax in the sun.

Last week I decided to do something a little different. I thought it would be fun to take myself on a little adventure to Australia Fair.


NO it is not an actual fair with farm animals and carnival rides.  Here in Australia they call their malls fair's.  Not exactly sure why but they have a couple that are in close proximity to Surfers Paradise, where I live, including Australia Fair and Pacific Fair.  I have already visited both :)

I walked around Australia Fair for awhile with the intentions of just "window shopping."  Of course I found something's I just had to have so I splurged a little.  What can I say? I'm in Australia!

I did however use some self-control and all I bought was a book and a blouse I found at a store called Ally.  Ally kind of reminds me of Forever 21 in the United States only the store was a lot less overwhelming than Forever 21.

The book I bought is called The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  My sister read it and said it was quite entertaining and my mom is currently reading it so when I saw it I figured what the heck  Also, a movie version of the book is coming out in theaters in September which gave me even more of a reason to buy it. 


After I made my purchases I figured I'd better leave the mall before I spent anymore money.  Since, being in Australia I have yet to really try any Australian food.  So I decided I would try a Kebab.  Now I know kebab's are not Australian food but they are everywhere in Australia so they may as well be!

There are a few kebab restaurants near Australia Fair and I was looking for a place that sold kangaroo kebabs.  Now that would be truly Australian!

I walked around for about 30 minutes looking for kangaroo kebabs and each kebab place only sold chicken kebabs, lamb kebabs and doner kebabs(whatever that is).

I swear I have seen kangaroo kebabs being sold somewhere.  But clearly not at Australia Fair.

Finally, I decided any kebab would do it and I settled for the kebab place that was right next to my bus stop.


I ordered a Chicken Kebab a Shirazi Salad and a Coke from Shiraz Kebab and man was it delicious.

 
Do not be fooled, I did not order whatever a Doner Kebab is.


After my kebab, I hopped on the bus and headed home.  It was a pretty peaceful and productive Tuesday I must say.

And as a result of my shopping at Australia Fair I had something to do on my ME day this week.


There is nothing like sitting on the balcony of my apartment, drinking a glass of wine and reading a great book.  What a great way end MY Tuesday :)

Doner Kebab: is a Turkish dish made of lame meat (mainly) cooked on a vertical spit and sliced off to order.

Mainly?  I think I'll stick with chicken :)




Anna







7 comments:

  1. Yeah for ME Day! What a great idea! Will you be adding a Zumba class or more surf lessons? Glad you are venturing out.

    Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!

    Love you sweety,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top! Looks Australia-ish, if that even makes sense! I'm glad you're enjoying your time alone! Make more adventures!!

    p.s- That food court looks CLEAN- how very non Valley Plaza;)

    Love you friend!!!

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Bree -- the shirt looks "out-backish." I think you should model it for us and post a picture. Maybe you could find a kangaroo, koala, or emu to pose with you!

    Love,
    Your Mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post, but why does Dad never comment on My posts!!!!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sibling rivalry? I guess it never ends!

    Love you both (and I love Bert and Rachel, too, just in case they see this).

    With Love from the
    FAIR-mamma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss you, love you, enjoy your me days!


    Liz

    ReplyDelete