Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunrise, sunrise looks like mornin' in your eyes..

This morning I woke up extremely early because I just could not fall back to sleep.

Since I could tell I would not be going back to bed soon I decided it would be the perfect opportunity for me to watch the sunrise over the ocean.

I googled what time the sun would be rising on the Gold Coast and it said precisely 6:23 am.  I threw on my ugg's, jeans and a sweatshirt, grabbed my camera and headed for the beach.

It was already starting to get light and there were quite a few people already on the beach.



I had some time to kill before the sun actually rose so I took about a million pictures of myself in front of the sunrise.  If you know me you know I have a problem keeping my eyes open when a camera flashes.  This would be the reason I took so many pictures.  Here is the best one I could get.


And finally around 6:19 am the sun started to peak up over the ocean.



I couldn't help but think, as I watched the sunrise, what a beautiful world god has made for us!  It really is the simple things in life that are most enjoyable.  


I don't know how many more times I will watch the sunrise here in Australia but, I can say that it is probably one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Anna






4 comments:

  1. You're right about the simple things, this is awesome.. I love you so much

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie ScurlockAugust 9, 2011 at 6:11 AM

    Awwww Anna I love this post! Post more often because I am always looking forward to them :) Love you so much!

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a BOOTIFUL day! Thanks for sharing. Evidently the operative phrase is: "I love you so much." And I do!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the part about you not being able to keep your eyes open! It really does look amazing! Love you so much too!!

    -Bree

    ReplyDelete